PLYMOUTH, Mass. — Plymouth police are seeking charges against a 17-year-old who they say is responsible for 11 different instances of vandalism across town, including Plymouth Rock.
On Feb. 17, police learned several monuments throughout downtown Plymouth and the waterfront area had been vandalized with red spray paint, including:
• Plymouth Rock on Water Street
• Pilgrim Maiden in Brewster Garden
• Four Fathers Monument on Allerton Street
• Memorial Bench in Brewster Garden
• Concrete platform at Pilgrim Memorial State Park
• Decorative rock and cement at the Town Boat Ramp
• Town map at corner of Main and North Street
• Four (4) decorative scallop shells throughout the Downtown & Waterfront Area
After reviewing surveillance footage from the areas, police were able to identify one Plymouth teen responsible for all 11 locations. The teen will be charged with one count of trespassing and 11 counts of vandalism to property.
Police say the vandalism was cleaned up within 24 hours.
© 2020 © 2020 Cox Media Group