by: Kristen Dressel, Brittney Donovan, Action News Jax Updated:
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - A 34-year-old man was found dead over the weekend in a bathroom stall at a popular Jacksonville restaurant.
A Blackfinn employee found David Davoli's body in a locked bathroom stall after closing time, officials said.
Officials said evidence suggested it could be a drug overdose. The Medical Examiner's Office is determining the exact cause of death.
Family said Davoli was a new father. His girlfriend gave birth to their son Santo a few weeks ago.
“Parents shouldn’t have to go through this. It is not normal. No one wants to bury their child," his father said.
Davoli's family is trying to raise enough money to cover 3 months of expenses for Davoli's girlfriend and baby.
His funeral will be held on Thursday in Jacksonville, family said on a GoFundMe page.
Trending on ActionNewsJax.com:
- Drunken driver cries after learning he injured crash victims
- Photos: 6-year-old shot in head in murder-suicide recovering
- Police: Krystal employee throws frozen hamburger patties, spits in customer's face
- Police: Man crashes car, collapses, then dies in Lake City
- Witnesses say dog attack victim was dismembered
© 2017 Cox Media Group.
Man found dead at Blackfinn in Jacksonville leaves behind newborn son
Jacksonville named among the top up-and-coming cities in America
Families fighting to save their Ponte Vedra Beach homes from shrinking shoreline
Extra security at University of Florida ahead of speech by white…
Report: Jacksonville Jaguars owner Shad Khan says President Trump…