JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - Action News Jax has learned new information about a Jacksonville-area business owner and surfer who died in Central America.
Devan Kennedy, who owned Endless Training in Atlantic Beach, was on a surfing trip in Nicaragua when tragedy struck. He was found dead on Thursday morning, according to a report on Surfline.com.
People left a pile of flowers and notes outside of Endless Training in remembrance of Kennedy.
Family and friends say Kennedy died in some kind of accident on Nicaragua’s Pacific Coast.
Action News Jax spoke with a family friend in Orlando who said Kennedy’s parents are traveling there to bring his body home.
That friend also calls Kennedy a sweet soul who lived life to the fullest and helped others do the same.
Trending on ActionNewsJax.com:
- 'Grease' theory says sandy was dead throughout the film
- Woman marries daughter after the two 'hit it off'
- SUV with body inside found at Walmart tied to missing person case
- Controversial 9/11 coke display in Walmart removed
- Photos: JSO makes arrests in prostitution sting
© 2018 Cox Media Group.