Fireworks sparked the fire that destroyed a Clay County home

Orange Park, FL — A home in the Oakleaf area was destroyed by fire early Friday morning. A Clay County representative told Action News Jax the fire was started by fireworks.

Firefighters were called to the home on Club Lake Drive at 1:30 a.m.

They found partially lit fireworks in a garbage can in the garage.

Four people were home when the fire started. It spread quickly, not only destroying the home, but also two cars and a motorcycle.

No one was hurt, but the family’s pet bird died. JFRD was called to help put out the fire.

A GoFundMe has been created for anyone who would like to help the family rebuild their home.

This is one of four fires reported in our area overnight.

JFRD was called to put out a fire at a mobile home on Sunland Drive off Beach Boulevard shortly after 3 a.m.

The Red Cross is now helping the two adults and four children who lived there.

A couple of hours before that, firefighters put out a fire at a home on Bradley Cove Road in Oceanway.

Eight people, four adults and four children, were displaced and are now getting help from the Red Cross.

And about the same time as the Bradley Cove fire, JFRD crews in Mandarin put out a fire at a home on Ancona Drive West.

That house was vacant and no one was inside.