BAKER COUNTY, Fla. - The Baker County Sheriff's Office has arrested Michael Stokes, 43, on alleged grand theft, trespassing and criminal mischief charges, according to the BCSO. The Sheriff's Office still needs the public's assistance in locating Derek "Rooster" Whittemore, 33.
According the Sheriff's Office, several Baker County homes and business were victimized, and four golf carts, one motorcycle and an Echo weed-eater were stolen.
Not long after these thefts occurred, BCSO detectives were able to identify both suspects involved and recover all the stolen property from a location in Jacksonville.
- 'We're not giving up until these guys are found:' Search to continue for missing firefighters
- The Pier Cantina & Sandbar to close its doors in September
- Reality star Todd Chrisley's daughter says father, brother blackmailing her with sex tape
- Coast Guard, other agencies searching for two missing firefighters off coast of Port Canaveral
- PHOTOS: Alligator seen climbing fence at Naval Air Station Jacksonville
The stolen and recovered items were delivered back to each victim by BCSO detectives on the same day of their recovery.
Stokes is currently in custody at the Baker County Detention Center, the BCSO says.
Multiple arrest warrants have been obtained for Whittemore of Jacksonville, and detectives ask that anyone with information pertaining to his whereabouts contact (904) 259-9218.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.