GLYNN COUNTY, Ga. —
Due to new outbreaks of COVID-19 Glynn County is closing the following buildings to the public beginning Monday, August 16.
- W. Harold Pate Courthouse Annex
- Public Works Administration
- Police Department Administration and St. Simons Island Substation (closed on August 9, 2021)
- Fire Administration
- Parks and Recreation Offices
- Animal Control Shelter and Offices
Though these buildings will be closed to the public, the offices will be staffed and all departments will be available for contact.
Utilize the following websites for online transactions:
- Call ahead for services including adoptions at (912) 554-7500.
Board of Commissioners & Administration
- Call (912) 554-7404 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Administration: (912) 554-7401.
- Click hyperlinks for county updates on the COVID-19 web page and on Facebook.
- Mainline: (912) 554-7428
- Building inspections: (912) 554-7456
- Occupational tax: (912) 554-7122
- Planning & Zoning: (912) 554-7428, PlanningZoning@glynncounty-ga.gov
- For general information: https://glynncounty.org/191/Community-Development
- For online portal: https://glynncounty.org/1518/Community-Development-Online-Portal
- For inquiries call: (912) 554-7120.
- All accounts payable payments to vendors will be mailed to the appropriate vendor addresses until further notice. The Finance Department will mail the payments by the end of the day on Friday of each week.
- All receipts and reports that are normally mailed and/or brought into the Finance Office will need to either be mailed or placed into the 2 drop boxes located at both entrances to the Pate Building. The Tax Commissioner has granted permission to allow other types of reports/payments to be placed into these boxes, and those items will be processed daily by personnel that is working inside of the building. Please only include checks or money orders. Cash not accepted.
- For Bids and RFP announcements: https://glynncounty.org/259/Bids-RFPs
- Mainline: (912) 554-7779.
- E-mail: email@example.com.
- Contact (912) 554-7170, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parks and Recreation
- Ballard Park: (912) 554-7780.
- Selden Park: (912) 279-2800.
- Howard Coffin Park: (912) 279-3810.
- Blythe Island Regional Park: (912) 279-2812.
- North Glynn Recreation Complex: (912) 279-2838.
- Mallery Park: (912) 279-2836.
- Email: email@example.com.
- Recreation and Parks updates on Facebook.
The special commission and regular commission meetings scheduled for August 17 and 19 will continue in person due to scheduled public hearings.
The Island Planning Commission meeting on Tuesday, August 17 will continue in person as scheduled.
Masks and temperature checks will be required to attend all meetings.
A list of department contacts can be viewed at https://glynncounty.org/directory.aspx.
For school updates visit Glynn County School System webpage.
Visit City of Brunswick Webpage for updates on the City of Brunswick.
Visit the Brunswick – Glynn County Joint Water Sewer Commission webpage for information on water and sewer.
For information on Jekyll Island Jekyll Island webpage.
For more information on COVID-19, go to the Georgia Department of Public Health .
For more information on Glynn County’s Response go to https://www.glynncounty.org/2048/COVID-19.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, in the last two weeks, an average of 72 cases of COVID-19 were reported per day in Glynn County, a 61 percent increase from the average two weeks ago. In the same timeframe, hospitalizations have jumped 235%
Georgia currently ranks 44th in vaccination rates - just 39.4% of people are fully vaccinated against the virus.
©2021 Cox Media Group