JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Every week Action News Jax investigates local child care centers to show you how they measure up to state guidelines.
In this week's Kid Care Report, Action News Jax Anchor Letisha Bereola asks a day care director about issues with the center's van, which is used to drive kids around.
Bright Future Learning Center in Baymeadows likely had its third and final state inspection of the year. Its first two inspections had no violations.
Bereola picked up its latest report from DCF and found an inspector tagged the center for a Class 2 violation, which could pose a threat to the health and safety of a child, according to the state.
It was for a vehicle that didn't have its annual inspection by a mechanic to ensure that it was in proper working order.
The report says the inspection expired on Nov. 16 and the inspector dropped by on Nov. 20.
The director didn't want to talk on camera, but said children were riding in the van for just two days after the expired inspection.
She told Bereola if she knew it was expired, it wouldn't have been on the road.The van got its annual inspection before the state's Nov. 27 due date and Bright Future Learning center is back in compliance.
The second day care in this week's Kid Care report is Good Shepherd Christian Academy.
It has had clean inspections since November 2017, including its most recent.
- Little Royalty Learning Center; 3410 Winton Dr.
- Crawford Early Learning Center; 5455 Springfield Blvd
- Step by Step Learning Center II; 95734 Amelia Concourse, Fernadina Beach
- Success For Kids Academy LLC; 4541 Shirley Avenue
- Episcopal Children's Services Westside Early Head Start; 2648 W 5th St.
- Pearl Academy LLC; 450 Busch Drive.
- Communities in Schools of Jacksonville Inv. Normandy Village Elementary; 8257 Herlong Rd.
- Baymeadows Children's Academy; 8386 Baymeadors rd. Ste 100
- A Magical Beginning Learning Academy; 4040 Confederate Point Rd.
Cox Media Group