JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Your health and safety are the reasons we go out every week to get you information about the places you love to eat.
In this week's original Restaurant Report, Action News Jax's Ben Becker tells us about violations inspectors found at local restaurants.
Becker stopped by Moxie Kitchen Plus Cocktails at the Markets at Town Center looking for answers about several recent violations. State inspectors cited Moxie for:
- A cook handled food with their bare hands
- Raw animal food was stored over ready-to-eat food
- Potentially hazardous food temperatures
When asked about the violations, the manager said, "I don't believe we are going to speak about that right now."
Jimmy Hula's on Applecross Road was temporarily closed due to multiple violations found by state health inspectors:
- 11 live roaches, 7 dead roaches and excrement were found
- 9 live flying insects were also found
Bento Cafe at the Markets at Town Center was also cited for several violations:
- Food held at potentially hazardous temperatures
- A hand wash sink was not accessible for employee use
- Walk-in cooler was not maintained in good repair
Overtime Sports Bar on San Juan Avenue and Jammes Road was temporarily closed after inspectors found a multitude of animal waste and sewage problems:
- 38 rodent droppings were found
- Sewage was backing up through the floor drains
- 2 dead roaches were found
All the restaurants mentioned have passed follow-up inspections.
© 2020 Cox Media Group