JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Our annual book donation drive Tenikka’s Books for Kids, also known as #TB4K, is underway for 2022!
This year’s drive runs from Monday, March 7 to Saturday, March 19, 2022. We are collecting new and very gently used books for local children from birth to 18 years old. That can be anything from picture books for babies, books for new readers and chapter books for teens.
You can donate a number of ways:
- Order books online from the library’s Summer Reading Amazon Wish List
- Drop off books at all Jacksonville Public Library branches
- Shop Local. Buy and donate books at San Marco Books and More in San Marco. They will also be donating a portion of their sales to the Jacksonville Library Foundation. You can shop and donate books in person or order online. Click here to order from the online wish list: https://bit.ly/Tenikka.
- You can also buy books to donate on-site at The BookMark bookstore in Neptune Beach.
- Drop off books at our participating Family Focus partners, click on each one for a list of their locations: First Florida Credit Union, First Coast YMCA and Bozard Ford Lincoln.
The drive, spearheaded by Action News Jax Anchor Tenikka Hughes, serves two key purposes:
- One, it encourages children to read, thus preventing the “summer slide” where kids lose two to three months of what they learned in school.
- And two, it gives children a foundation to build their own libraries at home.
All of the books that are collected are given for free to kids who meet their reading goals during the Jacksonville Public Library’s Summer Reading Program.
For those who wish to donate funds, go to www.jplfoundation.org/donate and put Tenikka’s Books for Kids in the comments.
Since it launched in 2018, Tenikka’s Books for Kids has put more than 13,000 books in the hands of local children. Thank you in advance for helping us give the gift of reading to local children!
©2022 Cox Media Group