A man is fighting for his life in the hospital following a single-car crash in Ponte Vedra Beach.
Two men were in the 2019 Ferrari Portofino when the driver lost control of the vehicle. One of the men was pronounced dead after being taken to a local hospital.
Action News Jax reporter Courtney Cole reported from the scene, where, she said parts of the car are still scattered on the ground.
According to the Florida Traffic Crash Report, the Ferrari was approaching the intersection of Sawgrass Drive East early Sunday morning when the driver lost control, crossed over the southbound lane and struck the power pole.
The driver then hit the utility box and multiple trees before the car came to a stop.
According to the report, during the crash, the two men were thrown from the convertible in different locations onto the opposite side of the road.
- VIDEO: Teacher appears to body slam student while breaking up fight
- Mom watches son, boyfriend drown after rip currents drag pair out to sea in North Carolina
- Local man convicted of killing wife, burying body in 1993 sentenced to life in prison
- Sailors discharged after accused of creating sexually explicit list
- Jacksonville man pleads guilty to claiming false FEMA benefits during Hurricanes Matthew, Irma
James Richardson died and Jeffrey Richmond was hospitalized in critical condition.
According to the report, both victims were from out of state. The owner of the car was not in it at the time of the crash.
Action News Jax tried to contact the owner of the car but he wasn't available.
As the investigation continues, Action News Jax requested the traffic homicide report to learn more about what could have caused the crash and if speeding was a factor.
As we learn more, we'll update you.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.