ORLANDO, Fla. - Law enforcement agencies around the U.S. are reminding parents about potentially dangerous apps to which their children could have access.
With so many human trafficking arrests made in numerous counties across Central Florida, authorities warn parents to watch out for well-known social media apps like Snapchat, WhatsApp and location-based dating apps like MeetMe and Grindr.
The Orlando Police Department shared a post on Facebook that was created by the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office about the 15 apps parents should be aware of.
“Do your research and help keep your children safe,” Orlando police wrote in the post.
Authorities said while many of the apps are supposed to be for adults only, children and teens have been known to create fake accounts and falsify their age.
15 apps parents should know about:
- Teen robbed after meeting someone online to buy an iPhone in Jacksonville
- FHP: Pedestrian killed trying to cross Normandy Blvd.
- Photos: Local students on their first day of school for 2019-2020 school year
- Ribault head football coach removed, athletic director reassigned to different school
- JSO: Security guard killed during robbery at the High Score Arcade in Jacksonville
© 2019 Cox Media Group.