TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Florida’s disaster preparedness tax holiday begins today, and through June 10, Floridians can stock up on hurricane supplies tax free.
Some examples of tax-free items include:
- Flashlights and lanterns costing $40 or less
- Radios costing $50 or less, tarps costing $100 or less
- Coolers costing $60 or less
- Batteries costing $50 or less, smoke detectors, fire extinguishers and carbon monoxide detectors costing $70 or less
- Generators costing $1,000 or less
The holiday also includes a number of items related to the safe evacuation of household pets.
For more information on what qualifies for exemption, CLICK HERE to learn more.
©2022 Cox Media Group