FERNANDINA BEACH, Fla. — QUICK FACTS:
- Jonathan Medina, 7, of Glynnville, GA, was named an honorary firefighter at Fernandina Beach Fire Department.
- Fernandina Beach community members tell Action News Jax the family is vacationing in northeast Florida this week. Medina and his family will be partaking in a number of community sponsored events this week.
- ”Make-A-Wish Georgia” tells Action News Jax Medina’s original wish included a Disney cruise, but the cruise was unable to come to fruition due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Medina’s new wish includes a tree house, and Make-A-Wish Georgia says this will happen in the coming weeks.
- The events happening this week around Fernandina Beach are being coordinated and planned by members of the community in Nassau County.
- To learn more about how you can support the Make-A-Wish Central and Northern Florida 2020 Walk For Wishes Virtual Event, click here.
© 2020 Cox Media Group