JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — The Florida Lottery announced yet another Jacksonville lottery winner. Yes, again!
Action News Jax reported just last week the influx of local FANTASY 5 lottery winners. In just one week, the Florida Lottery had announced five winners in the Jacksonville area, including two from Lake City and one from Callahan.
Now here we are again, with a local catching the good luck! Arthur McCoy, 66, claimed the $1 million prize from “THE FASTEST ROAD TO $1,000,000 Scratch-Off” game. Here’s a picture of his $30 winning ticket:
McCoy decided to take his winnings in one lump sum of a total of $790,000.
The ticket was purchased in Middleburg at the Murphy USA on 1570 Branan Field Road.
The gas station will receive a $2,000 bonus commission for selling the winning ticket.
In August, the Florida Lottery had announced at least three winners in the Jacksonville area from the FANTASY 5 game alone. The FANTASY 5 game cost $1 per play.
McCoy won from a $30 scratch-off ticket, different from the FANTASY 5 game. The game McCoy played, “THE FASTEST ROAD TO $1,000,000″, overall odds of winning are one-in-2.79.
The Florida Lottery said that scratch-offs are an important part of the lottery, with approximately 75% of ticket sales being scratch-offs.
Those ticket sales have generated more than $1.3 billion for the Educational Enhancement Trust Fund in 2020-2021.
More stories on other local lottery winners:
- Florida Lottery announces Jacksonville winner (yes, another one)
- Gold Rush Supreme Scratch-Off crowns two new millionaires in Florida, including one in Jacksonville
- Jacksonville man wins $1M just in time to buy new cars after both break down
- Jacksonville woman wins $1M lottery ticket, plans to return to work
- Jacksonville woman wins multi-million-dollar lottery ticket
- Winning lottery ticket sold at Jacksonville convenience store
- Jacksonville woman wins more than $939K from Florida Lottery game
©2021 Cox Media Group