CLAY COUNTY, Fla. - Family says they're shocked and heartbroken to learn their loved one was killed in a hit-and-run in Clay County.
Family members identified the woman found on US 17 and Village Square Parkway as 45-year-old Dayna Kane Cogliser.
FHP found her moped on Sandridge Road at 2:20 a.m. Saturday. They believe it was rear ended. Troopers are trying to piece together how her body ended up more than eight miles away.
- FHP: Woman on moped killed in hit-and-run in Clay County
- TV reporter killed when stunt plane crashes in Louisiana
- Treasure hunter finds memory card from GoPro containing man's last moments; returns to parents
- Father of 3 killed in Jacksonville Beach shooting near 17th Avenue North and 2nd Street
- St. Augustine Beach plastic ban in jeopardy
Family says she moved to Clay County from Scranton, Pennsylvania two months ago with her boyfriend. Her family and son are still in Pennsylvania.
They say they are searching for answers about what happened to her.
FHP believes the car involved may be a small black vehicle with front end damage.
Troopers are asking anyone who was in the area of US 17 and Village Square Parkway or Sandridge Road Saturday to call them immediately.
FHP: Hit & Run Fatality last night in Clay County. Crash occurred on Sandridge Rd, vehicle vs. moped. The remains of the rider were located at US 17 & Village Sq. Blvd. Info is limited. The victim was possibly struck by a black vehicle. Any info please call *FHP or Crimestoppers. pic.twitter.com/quQIulEkzy— FHPJacksonville (@FHPJacksonville) August 17, 2019
© 2019 Cox Media Group.