NASSAU COUNTY, Fla. - One person has died following a crash on North Kings Road at Conner Cutoff Road in Hilliard.
The Nassau County Sheriff's Office said the crash involves a Nissan and a semi-truck.
- Newborn baby attacked, killed by family dog, sheriff says
- Jacksonville 19-year-old lives on through organ donation
- Dozens of drivers stop on Georgia highway to grab cash that spilled onto road
- Florida woman arrested, accused of urinating in ice cream machine
- Kid Care Report: Westside day care reportedly left toddlers alone, DCF says
The semi-truck driver told Action News Jax Reporter Elizabeth Pace he was driving on North Kings Road when a gray car pulled out in front of him and they collided.
The Florida Highway Patrol said it also believes the car pulled out in front of the semi-truck, causing the crash. Investigators said a young mother was driving this vehicle and died in the crash. They are working to make contact with her next of kin before her name can be released, but an FHP release states she is a 29-year-old from St. Marys, Georgia.
The truck driver said he was not seriously hurt in the crash, but wanted to get checked out at a nearby hospital.
The crash happened right outside of Dayspring Senior Living. Action News Jax spoke to a manager to ask if the driver was a patient or employee, but they declined to comment.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.