Fish, shrimp and roaches are on this week’s Original Restaurant Report menu.
The Flying Iguana in Neptune Beach was cited for live, small flying insects in the kitchen and potentially hazardous food temperatures. The soda gun was also soiled, inspectors said.
Also cited: The Seafood Kitchen in Atlantic Beach. Inspectors recently found more than 40 live (and dead) roaches, plus a microwave interior that had encrusted food.
It was temporarily closed.
“It’s all covered and handled now,” a Seafood Kitchen manager said. “But I understand why it would be a big deal.”
The Boiling Crawfish in Jacksonville was cited for employees eating in the food prep area. The hand wash sink was not accessible for employee use, and a stop sale was issued on eggs.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.