UPDATE 4/24/2021: All federally-supported sites such as Gateway Mall will resume use of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
U.S. health agencies recommended a pause in the use of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine Tuesday, “out of an abundance of caution,” as officials investigate reports of blood clots.
Vaccination sites in the Jacksonville area are following the recommendation and have halted the use of the single-dose COVID-19 vaccine.
Action News Jax is compiling a list of local sites no longer offering the Johnson & Johnson vaccine below.
As new information is made available, we will update this story.
- Gateway Mall and its mobile sites have immediately paused the use of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. It is offering the second dose of the Pfizer vaccine at this time.
- The site at Edward Waters College will not offer the Johnson & Johnson vaccine until further notice, Agape Family Health says. The site is offering the Moderna vaccine daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The mobile pop-up site scheduled for Tuesday, April 13, at the Jacksonville Lutheran Social Services has been canceled.
- The Georgia Department of Public Health is pausing the use of the J&J vaccine until further notice.
- Southeastern Grocers has suspended the use of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine at all of its Winn-Dixie and Harveys Supermarket pharmacy locations and off-site clinics.
- Walgreens has halted the use of the J&J vaccine at its stores and off-site clinics and are awaiting further notice.
- CVS is pausing the use of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine until further notice. It will continue to offer the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines.
- Clay County has canceled its distribution of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. “If you made an appointment at one of the two locations, Shiloh Church of Orange Park or First Baptist Church in Keystone, you will be receiving a call from the Clay County call center to confirm the cancelation of your appointment,” the county’s emergency management stated. Read more here.
- The Johnson and Johnson COVID-19 vaccination pop-up sites scheduled for St. Johns County on April 15, 16, and 18 have been postponed for dates yet to be determined. For more information, please call the St. Johns County COVID-19 Vaccination Hotline at 904.295.3711 (dial all ten digits).