JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Every week Action News Jax investigates local child care centers, so you know how local facilities measure up to state guidelines.
A Jacksonville day care is on our Kid Care Report for a second time for serious violations.
We first reported on Cinderella Child Development in February for two class 2 violations.
In the state’s most recent Department of Children and Families inspection, the inspector said the center had several violations, including 2 class two violations.
The state says a class 2 could pose serious threat to the health and safety of a child.
The first violation was for an infant laying in their crib with their eyes closed with a bottle. Babies are supposed be to individually fed and supervised during meal time.
The second class 2 violation was for the center having a wading pool without circulating water.
The class 3 violations were for not having proper permission forms, the floor needed repair and there was one dead roach.
Anchor Letisha Bereola stopped by that center located in the Brentwood area to speak with
the director about the latest inspection, but no one came to the door – so she decided to call.
Over the phone, Director Gregory Floyd told Bereola that the day care is constantly trying to keep up to date with DCF standards.
Floyd said the incident with the baby laying in the crib with the bottle was corrected on the spot. In regards to the wading pool, Floyd told Bereola they did not realize they weren’t allowed and removed it.
Bright Beginning Child Care Inc on Deer Lake Court also made this week's Kid Care Report.
The last inspection was 100 percent compliant and according to the owner, the location has been violation-free from the start.
- Little Temples Child Care Center, 3525 New Berlin Road
- Episcopal Children's Services Northside Early Head Start, 1070 W 18th Street
- For Your Child Only Victory Land, 6101 Avenue B
- God's Little People Christian Academy Inc., 5515 Ramona Boulevard
- Victorious Learning Center II, LLC, 735 McDuff Avenue South
- Wayman Early Learning Academy Westside, 1176 Labelle Street
- Bundles of Joy Academy Inc., 75 E 43rd Street
- Two Angels Academy LLC, 8927 Lem Turner Road
- North Florida Educational Institute, 6803 Arques Road
- Chappell School FSCJ Kent Campus, 3939 Roosevelt Garden D102
- Lamb Early Education Center, 601 Centre Street (Fernandina Beach)
- Little Temples Academy LLC, 2467 Faye Road Suite 12
- The Discovery Tree Academy San Pablo, 3232 San Pablo Rd South
- T's Learning Center III, 11526 Lake Mead Avenue Suite 105
To search for your day care's latest inspection and to see the most recent clean reports, click here.
Cox Media Group