JACKSONVILLE — On Thursday night, the Jacksonville Jaguars did what everyone knew what they would do -- select Clemson wunderkind Trevor Lawrence as the No. 1 overall pick in the NFL Draft.
He’s believed by many to be the one who will singlehandedly lead the troubled franchise into a new era.
Don’t get us wrong, we’re here for the once-in-a-generation lustrous-maned quarterback that is Trevor Lawrence, but unless you’ve been living underground the last several weeks, you know why the future face of the Jags and the NFL may soon be one in the same.
You know who is getting far less attention? Trevor’s teammate in life. His wife Marissa.
So let’s take a collective moment to get to know the 21 year-old Georgia bombshell that recently said ‘I do’ to the football player.
1. Marissa was born on November 10, 1999 in Cartersville, Georgia to parents Steve Mowry and Kelly Huffman Cass.
2. She has two siblings, sisters McKenzie and Miranda.
3. Marissa and Trevor are high school sweethearts. They met at Cartersville High School and started dating in 2016.
4. She’s an athlete too.
Marissa started playing soccer at just 5 years old and played through college at Anderson University where she studied public relations.
5. When Marissa isn’t posting dreamy photos with her football beau, she is gushing about the three other big F’s: friends, family, and faith.
Both Trevor and Marrisa talk often on social media about their shared Christian faith. In a December, 2020 Instagram post Marissa said, “When I look at my life and everything God has done for me the word grateful just overflows.”
6. The couple is downright crazy about each other.
Marissa and Trevor dated for six years before Lawrence took a knee last summer in the middle of Clemson Memorial Stadium.