JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - A motorcyclist has died after crashing into a power pole in Arlington Wednesday morning.
The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office says the crash happened around 3 a.m. in the 1900 block of Rogero Road.
A portion of Rogero Road is closed this morning after a fatal motorcycle crash. JSO tells me a man is dead after crashing this bike into a power pole just north of Terry Parker Drive @ActionTraffic @WOKVNews pic.twitter.com/lqZuZRbj2Y— Brittney Donovan (@brittneyANjax) June 19, 2019
Police say the man was the only occupant of the motorcycle and was pronounced dead at the scene.
At this time, police do not know what led up to the crash.
The power pole is visibly split in half and JEA is working to repair it.
Action News Jax is working to learn the man's identity.
- St. Johns County release picture, name of suspected driver in fatal hit-and-run
- 9th American tourist dead in Dominican Republic while vacationing with friends
- Police chase ends with 2 women badly hurt in West Jacksonville
- "He took my kid, that's unforgivable to me": Mother opens up about her son's suspected killer
- Thieves are using new technology to take money from families in multicounty skimming ring
© 2019 Cox Media Group.