ORANGE PARK, Fla. — Action News Jax is working to learn the name of the pilot killed in a plane crash in Clay County.
The Florida Highway Patrol said the crash happened Thursday night on County Road 218 in Lake Asbury near an elementary school.
FHP said a single engine plane struck some power lines and crashed.
FHP said only one person was on the plane that took off from Haller Airpark, just 15 miles away.
Clay Electric said that a plane crash has caused a power outage for parts of Orange Park.
Fire Rescue says that the aircraft hit a transmission line and caught fire which caused the outage.
According to Fire Rescue 6,000 customers lost power temporarily, but their power has been restored.
- 'Friday' actor-comedian John Witherspoon dies at 77
- If you see a letter about students paying for grades in Orange Park, it's not true
- Road rage leads to shotgun pulled on St. Augustine driver
- Photos: Georgia family's 7-year-old in critical condition after crash on Buckman Bridge
- Time is ticking: iPhone 5, older device users must update before Nov. 3
© 2020 Cox Media Group