JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - UPDATE: 6/13/17, 12:51 p.m.: The neighbor of the grandmother who was found dead in a Jacksonville home, is now being charged with murder.
The upgrade in the charges came Thursday afternoon.
Action News Jax has contacted JSO to confirm is the upgrage is related to the death of the grandmother.
#MORE: Blakely's husband and son are speaking to @ActionNewsJax in the wake of the arrest. @WOKVNews— Ryan Nelson (@RyanANJax) June 14, 2019
“I went to work, I had a wife. I came home, I ain’t have no wife," said Michael Blakely, Shirley’s Husband. "So it’s hard. I’m taking it day by day.” pic.twitter.com/oESgV7yiRI
UPDATE: 6/7/2019, 4:27 P.M.: The man neighbors say killed Jacksonville grandmother Shirley Blakely, is being held on separate charges.
UPDATE 6/6/2019, 10:55 P.M.: Family members of Shirley Blakely, a woman who was killed Thursday, told Action News Jax's Ryan Nelson that she died in her son's arms, but not before naming her killer.
Blakely's granddaughter says she named a man that lived nearby.
"Before she died, she took her last breath in his arms and was telling him who shot her, or who stabbed her, OR whatever, and she pointed," Blakely's granddaughter, Mikesha Taylor said.
Taylor said Blakely had mentioned the man's name before, saying he believed Blakely had cursed him.
"They said something about a curse or something, like she did a curse on him," Taylor said. "She doesn't even believe in stuff like that."
We asked the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office if they’ve heard anything in reference to a curse, and if it may have been a possible motive in the killing. We’ll be sure to update you when we receive a response.
At this time, JSO said no arrest has been made and the case is still being investigated.
A local woman found dead at a home Thursday has been identified by family as Shirley Blakely. The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office is investigating.
Shirley's husband, Michael Blakely, said he was at work at the time. Police told him she was shot multiple times. They were married for more than 20 years.
Shirley and her husband, Michael. He just told me he was at work at the time and came back to police tape around his house. Michael says police found her shot to death and waiting to find out what happened. More: https://t.co/mbWQxyX8Px @ActionNewsJax @WOKVNews pic.twitter.com/xD21Colj5L— Elizabeth Pace (@PaceAnJax) June 6, 2019
#NEW A local family is grieving the loss of their mother, Shirley. They say police found her dead in a home on Beaverbrook Pl near McDuff Ave S.— Elizabeth Pace (@PaceAnJax) June 6, 2019
Right now, JSO is working to find what led up to her death. More details: https://t.co/BTFgucZSof @ActionNewsJax @WOKVNews pic.twitter.com/IBR1ZQ0KEQ
WHAT WE KNOW:
- Police responded to the 2500 block of Beaverbrook Place in the Woodstock neighborhood in reference to a person who had possibly been shot
- When officers arrived, they were directed to a home where a woman was found dead with "multiple injuries" to her body, according to JSO
- The woman is between 50 to 60 years old
- JSO: Woman kills man after alleged break-in at Jacksonville apartment complex
- Pennsylvania woman died at same Dominican Republic hotel where couple found dead days later
- Photos: Jacksonville police conduct undercover operation at SOS Gentlemen's Club
- Tennessee woman gets probation for putting 8-month-old baby in freezer
- Woman watches thief steal her car from dealership in Orange Park
© 2019 Cox Media Group.