Sheriff Darryl Daniels has resigned from the St. Johns Classical Academy Board of Directors.
The non-profit school released this statement from Daniels:
"After thoughtful prayer and consideration, I regretfully wish to resign myself from the SJCA board to focus on my family and my job as the Sheriff of Clay County.
This decision in no way reflects a lack of support or commitment to the mission of our great school.”
Action News Jax reported last week that the Sheriff apologized for his role in a scandal involving sex, money and a JSO corrections officer.
- Jacksonville Sheriff's Office corrections officer said she got $30K from Clay County Sheriff
- Clay County sheriff's wife: ‘This crazy heifer right here has been stalking my husband'
- "I'm not a stalker," JSO corrections officer accused of following Clay Sheriff says she was set up
- Clay County Sheriff accuses JSO officer of stalking him
- Clay County Sheriff’s Office report left out pregnancy of sheriff’s ex-mistress
© 2019 Cox Media Group.