Chiante Stallworth: Family tells a different story about night she was shot in the face by boyfriend in St. Augustine

Teen shoots girlfriend in the face

ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. — Da’Shaud Williams, 17, is in custody, accused of shooting and killing his girlfriend, Chiante “Kiki” Stallworth after a fight, according to St. Johns County deputies.

Investigators say the shooting happened Thursday night in West Augustine. Williams is charged with manslaughter.

“When I think about her, she was always dancing, always smiling,” said Stallworth’s great-grandmother, Eleanor Davis.

Content Continues Below

Stallworth’s brother, Eric Desmore, called for an end to violence.

“Y’all boys put them guns down... and put your dukes up, and stop being soft, man,” said Desmore.

Deputies say Williams showed up to Stallworth’s Christopher Street home on Thursday for dinner.

On the way, they say Williams dug up a handgun he’d buried in the ground earlier in the week.

The report says an argument broke out between the couple after Williams told Stallworth he would be going out later that night with a friend

In the report, Williams claims Stallworth pushed him and threated to throw grease on him.

“… The defendant stated the victim was trying to push past him and was threatening to throw hot grease on him, so he pushed her back and shot her in the face with the handgun,” the report states.

Stallworth’s family tells a different story.

“Wasn’t no grease involved. Period. She was trying to leave him and he didn’t want her to go,” said Stallworth’s aunt, Michelle Harris.

The victim’s family claims Williams had pulled a gun on her before.

“Two days ago, at the park, he pulled a gun on her and I pushed her out the way,” said Harris.

The family says Stallworth’s 4-year-old daughter had been praying Williams wouldn’t shoot her mother.

“The last thing she told the Lord, ‘In the name of Jesus, don’t let him kill my Mama with the gun! Don’t let Da’Shaud shoot my Mama,’” said Davis.

Williams was taken into custody on Woodlawn Street, where deputies say he was found threatening to kill himself.

He was booked at the St. Johns County jail, and was taken to the Duval Regional Juvenile Detention center.

“Manslaughter is not enough. Period,” said Harris.

Stallworth’s family says they’re pushing for upgraded charges.