Mizkan America announced it is recalling some of its Ragu pasta sauces due to the presence of potential plastic fragments.
The company said in a news release that the impacted retailers with the affected products have been notified. There have been no consumer reports of complaints or injuries.
The items include Ragu Chunky Tomato Garlic & Onion, Ragu Old World Style Traditional and Ragu Old World Style Meat sauce.
“These sauces were produced between June 4-8 and Mizkan America believes that the majority of this production run is in its control,” the company said in a news release. “However, some cases of the sauces listed above were shipped to customers recently and these cases/products are subject to this voluntary recall.”
Specific affected products can be identified by the cap code on the yellow caps of the Ragu jars and the best use by date. Recalled items are below:
- 45 oz. Chunky Tomato Garlic & Onion with cap code JUN0620YU2 and best use by date JUN0620YU2
- 66 oz. Chunky Tomato Garlic & Onion with cap code JUN0520YU2 and best use by date JUN0520YU2
- 66 oz. Chunky Tomato Garlic & Onion with cap code JUN0620YU2 and best use by date JUN0620YU2
- 66 oz. Chunky Old World Style Traditional with cap code JUN0420YU2 and best use by date JUN0420YU2
- 66 oz. Old World Style Meat with cap code JUN0520YU2 and best use by date JUN0520YU2
Consumers with the affected products are asked to discard of them immediately. Those who purchased the recalled products can call the Mizkan Customer-Service Hotline at 800-328-7248 for a coupon for a replacement item.
More information on the recall is here.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.