Cracker Barrel has been ordered by a Tennessee jury to pay a man $9.4 million after he was served a glass of chemicals instead of water.
Cracker Barrel said it was “disappointed” with the result.
“While we have great respect for the legal process, we are obviously disappointed by and strongly disagree with the jury’s award in this case, which involved an unfortunate and isolated incident that occurred at one of our stores eight years ago,” a company spokesperson told CNN in a statement.
The company said it is reviewing its options.
Cronnon was eating at a Marion County, Tennessee, Cracker Barrel in April 2014. He took a sip of what he expected to be water but was instead a chemical that caused a burning sensation to his mouth and esophagus.
It was discovered the glass contained Eco-San, a corrosive chemical used for cleaning in the kitchen that caused permanent and serious internal physical injury to Cronnon, CNN reported.
©2022 Cox Media Group