PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. - 3/19/19 UPDATE: The Putnam County Sheriff's Office say missing woman Jessica Schmutz has been located safely Tuesday at the UF Health Shands Hospital in Gainesville, Florida.
Deputies say Schmutz arrived at the hospital on March 15, without identification and she did not provide her name. She was eventually identified and the sheriffi's office was notified.
It is unknown how she traveled from St. Augustine or how she arrived at the hospital.
Schmutz went missing on March 8 in St. Augustine after walking away from family members.
Deputies with the Putnam County Sheriff's Office are asking for the public's help in locating missing woman Jessica Schmutz, 34, of Palatka.
She was last seen walking away from Flagler Hospital in St. Augustine on March 8.
Officials say she has a history of mental heath issues and needs medication.
According to a police report, Schmutz's mother told deputies her daughter is diagnosed with Bipolar 2 as well as paranoid schizophrenia.
There was a possible sighting of Jessica in East Palatka on March 9 but deputies said, "that is unconfirmed."
"Please help us return Jessica home safely," stated the Sheriff's Office.
If you see her, please contact PCSO at 386-329-0800.
- AirPods, other wireless headphones could pose cancer risk, scientists warn
- St. Johns County School Board approves new class hours for next school year
- Amber Alert: Wisconsin man accused of killing woman, fleeing with their 2-year-old daughter possibly headed to Florida
- Jacksonville woman turns $20 into $1 million playing Florida Lottery
- “I’m not talking:” Action News Jax confronts St. Johns County sextortion suspect
© 2019 Cox Media Group.