JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Two Jacksonville schools were under Code Yellow lockdown on Monday morning.
- Mandarin Middle School was under Code Yellow lockdown Monday morning due to a social media threat made by a student.
- Students were screened as they arrived at school on Monday.
- The school's principal sent the following message to families:
- Terry Parker High School was placed under a Code Yellow lockdown after a loaded gun was found in a bathroom garbage on campus.
- As a result of this incident, Superintendent Dr. Diana Greene has directed the school to implement metal detection and screening of student belongings for all students entering the campus for the remainder of the week.
- The school's principal sent parents the following message:
© 2019 Cox Media Group