JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Music legends will heat up the stage this week for the 2019 Jacksonville Jazz Festival in downtown.
Jazz fest, which started in 1981 has become one the largest jazz festivals in the country.
One study found that last year's Jazz Fest brought in nearly $10 million.
It also found that more than 8-thousand hotels were booked for visitors wanting to get in on the music.
Here are some quick facts for Jazz Fest 2019:
- It's free. There will be two stages of live jazz, food and drinks, shopping and entertainment
- May 23: Jacksonville Jazz Piano Competition at 7 p.m. at Florida Theatre
- May 24 from 6 to 11 p.m.
- May 25 from 3 to 11 p.m.
- May 26 from 3 to 10 p.m.
- Lineup: Gladys Knight, Brian Culbertson, Delfeayo Marsalis , Monty Alexander, Ledisi, Kirk Whalum, Avery Sunshine, Alfredo Rodriguez, Camila Meza, Norman Brown, Greg Adams & East Bay Soul, The Sax Pack, Moonchild, Amina Scott, Brass-A-Holics, Jazmin Ghent, Jamison Ross, The Noel Friedline, Marcus Johnson, LPT, Mama Blue, The Delfini Jazz Sextet, Clyde Connor, Dennis Marks, The UNF Jazz Ensemble, US Navy Band
- View schedule here.
- No pets allowed with the exception of service animals
- Parking? Click here for list, map and cost of parking locations.
Cox Media Group