CLAY COUNTY, Fla. - The Clay County Sheriff's Office arrested Guy Phillip, 28, Tuesday for allegedly giving two children, ages 8 and 5, controlled prescription drugs.
CCSO said the children's mother called 911 after she learned that Phillip gave them one of his "controlled medications."
CONTENT CONTINUES BELOW:
- 'We're not giving up until these guys are found:' Search to continue for missing firefighters
- The Pier Cantina & Sandbar to close its doors in September
- Reality star Todd Chrisley's daughter says father, brother blackmailing her with sex tape
- Coast Guard, other agencies searching for two missing firefighters off coast of Port Canaveral
- PHOTOS: Alligator seen climbing fence at Naval Air Station Jacksonville
The police report didn't list exactly what drug was given to the children, but it did say that the 8-year-old became lethargic and needed medical attention.
Clay County Fire and Rescue transported the child to the hospital, and the mother said the hospital told her that her son experienced an overdose.
The 5-year-old did not need medical attention because he was already prescribed the same medication.
Phillip was arrested on two charges of child abuse without great bodily harm.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.