BAKER COUNTY, Fla. — Two nursing home workers are accused of abusing an 85-year-old patient.
She has osteoporosis and a spinal injury and has trouble seeing. On top of all of that, she’s now a victim of abuse.
Baker County deputies said two certified nursing assistants at the Macclenny Nursing and Rehab Center abused the patient.
According to a report, a camera shows Rikki Davis and Trestany Wilkerson, pushing the 85-year-old woman onto the bed while pulling her upper body up by a T-shirt that was wrapped around her neck.
Deputies said the two then threw the patient into her wheelchair.
- Jacksonville pastor who wished death on Sarah Silverman is subject of viral tweet
- Husband and wife convenience store owners plead guilty to food stamp program fraud
- State calls for the death penalty for man accused of killing pregnant niece
- Photos: UNF students' pictures with Jacksonville Uber driver go viral
- Glynn County man accused leaving puppy in hot car while shopping at Walmart
The report said the elderly woman then started tapping Davis’ arm and Davis then slapped her and yelled, “Quit hitting!”
Investigators said Wilkerson then placed a cloth over the camera.
According to the report, Davis admitted to slapping the woman.
Wilkerson denied any abuse.
The nursing home said there’s no history of abuse for Wilkerson or Davis; this is the first allegation.
There’s also no documentation of combative behavior by the patient.
Action News Jax reached out to the nursing home for comment and was given a statement. Click here to read it.
© 2020 Cox Media Group