JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — COVID-19 cases are up statewide in Florida, including here in Duval County.
Action News Jax reporter Courtney Cole spoke to the Dr. Chad Neilsen, the Director of Accreditation and Infection Prevention at UF Health, about what factors may be leading to rise in cases, the decline in deaths and how it could lead some to let their guard down.
According to the Director of the Emergency Preparedness Division:
- Duval County now has an additional 251 COVID-19 cases
- Deaths from COVID-19 remains the same at 64
- 5.76% of tests are coming back positive, which is lower than the statewide positive percentage rate of 7.5%.
- There are more than 25 test sites in the city
- 101,456 COVID-19 tests performed in Duval so far
- City will partner with Telescope Health, OptumServe Health and Agape Health to open 6 new testing sites in: Mandarin, Arlington, the Westside, the Northside, and The Beaches (Atlantic, Neptune, Jacksonville Beach)
- Testing in the beaches will be mobile
© 2020 © 2020 Cox Media Group