NOTE: Action News Jax is aware that the option to schedule an appointment for a COVID-19 vaccine at Publix locations in Duval County is currently not available. We have contacted Publix for more information. A spokesperson gave us the following statement:
“As we have moved to a three day per week reservation cycle, all counties will not necessarily have appointments available for every scheduling event. As long as we continue to receive vaccine from the state and federal governments at the current rate, all currently announced counties will receive appointments each week. Given the larger number of counties now receiving doses, it is important to note that there is no county residency restriction and customers should consider neighboring counties for available appointments.”
Original Story below:
Publix is once again opening appointments to administer the Moderna COVID‑19 vaccine to eligible individuals in more Northeast Florida counties.
Here are the newly added locations in Clay, Duval and Columbia counties:
- Duval Station Centre 731 Duval Station Road, Suite 4
- Oakleaf Plantation Center 9518 Argyle Forest Blvd.
- Harbour Place 13170-29 Atlantic Blvd.
- Oak Hill Village 7628 103rd St., Suite 24
- Old St. Augustine Plaza 11250-4 Old St. Augustine Road
- Intracoastal Plaza 14444 Beach Blvd., Suite 6
- Publix Plaza 9100 Merrill Road
- Roosevelt Square Shopping Center 4495 Roosevelt Blvd., Suite E-1
- Kernan Square 12620 Beach Blvd., Suite 12
- Argyle Village 6001-45 Argyle Forest Blvd.
- Reedy Branch Commons 10920 Baymeadows Road
- Windsor Commons Shopping Center 4765 Hodges Blvd.
- Publix at Riverside 2033 Riverside Ave.
- Deerwood Lake Commons 4320 Deerwood Lake Parkway
- Mandarin Oaks Shopping Center 11406 San Jose Blvd.
- Normandy Crossing 7749 Normandy Blvd.
- Publix 10500 San Jose Blvd., Suite 36
- The Shoppes of Bartram Park 13820 Old St. Augustine Road
- St. John’s Town Center 4413 Town Center Parkway, Suite 100
- Publix at University Square 2875 University Blvd. W.
- Publix at Dames Pointe 7117 Merrill Road
- Publix at Arlington River 5858 Atlantic Blvd.
- Cobblestone Crossing 2771 Monument Road, Suite 19
- South Beach Parkway 670 Marsh Landing Parkway
- Seminole Shoppes 630 Atlantic Blvd.
- Lake City Commons 255 NW Commons Loop
- Fleming Island Shopping Center 5000 U.S. Highway 17, Suite 11
- Hibernia Pavilion 865 Hibernia Road, Suite 200
- Middleburg Crossing 2640 Blanding Blvd.
- Pine Tree Plaza 410 Blanding Blvd.
- The Village Shopping Center 950 Blanding Blvd.
- Oakleaf Commons 1075 Oakleaf Plantation Parkway, Suite 200
This distribution includes doses provided by both the state of Florida and the federal government and expands appointment availability to 593 Publix pharmacies in 41 counties.
“With the addition of doses provided by the federal government, we are able to offer more Florida residents the opportunity to be vaccinated,” said Publix CEO Todd Jones. “It is our privilege to serve during this time as we all work together to reduce the impact of the coronavirus in the state of Florida.”
In accordance with the state’s guidelines, vaccinations are currently being provided to individuals ages 65 and older.
Vaccinations are provided by appointment only, while supplies last, through the online reservation system at publix.com/covidvaccine. Appointments cannot be made by calling Publix or the Publix Pharmacy. The system will be open on three days for appointment times as follows:
|Reservation system opens||For appointments on|
|Wednesday, Feb. 10, at 7 a.m. Eastern time||Friday, Feb. 12|
Saturday, Feb. 13
Sunday, Feb. 14
|Friday, Feb. 12, at 7 a.m. Eastern time||Monday, Feb. 15|
Tuesday, Feb. 16
|Monday, Feb. 15, at 7 a.m. Eastern time||Wednesday, Feb. 17|
Thursday, Feb. 18
View a full list of Florida pharmacies offering appointments for the COVID-19 vaccine. Customers can also use the online reservation system to learn if appointments are available at a nearby Publix.
Publix pharmacies have also administered the COVID‑19 vaccine to eligible individuals in select Georgia, South Carolina and Virginia locations. The company continues to communicate with the states in its operating area to provide COVID‑19 vaccinations as part of their distribution efforts.
Costs and insurance
Vaccinations are provided to eligible individuals, by appointment only, while supplies last, and at no cost to the individual. Customers with health insurance will need to bring their insurance card to their scheduled appointment. Medicare members should bring their red, white and blue Medicare Part B card. Customers without health insurance will need to provide their driver’s license or Social Security number.
Cox Media Group