JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Sources tell Action News Jax’s Ben Becker that attorneys for Duval County Public Schools Superintendent Dr. Diana Greene and the City of Jacksonville Office of General Counsel have been negotiating separation agreement terms since last week.
It could see Greene announce her early retirement and exit from the district as the school board is scheduled to hold a special meeting on Friday about her future. Greene has come under fire amid the Douglas Anderson teacher scandal.
Becker has also learned that Greene is currently in the Florida Department of Management Services Deferred Retirement Option Program (DROP) and is already set to retire by June 30, 2025 at the conclusion of her current contract.
Greene has retained high-profile Jacksonville defense attorney Hank Coxe, who is also the former President of the Florida Bar. Coxe has not returned numerous calls and texts from Becker for comment.
The state is coming down on embattled Greene after the fallout from the March arrest of a former Douglas Anderson School of the Arts teacher.
A scathing letter from Florida Education Commissioner Manny Diaz calls the district’s delay in reporting dozens of other incidents of teacher misconduct at other schools “completely unacceptable.”
The school board is scheduled to hold a special meeting on Wednesday and School Board Chairwoman Dr. Kelly Coker said the incident reporting issues will be part of the discussion.
Action News Jax’s Meghan Moriarty will be in the special Duval County School Board meeting that starts at 1 p.m. Wednesday and will have the latest updates on CBS47 and FOX30 Action News Jax at 5.
- State questions Duval County Public Schools over reporting of arrested Douglas Anderson teacher
- Arrested Duval teacher kissed student, told her of ‘intoxicating’ feelings for her, warrant says
- ‘It’s terrifying:’ Jacksonville teacher facing felony charges for alleged lewd conduct with student
- Douglas Anderson teacher accused of lewd conduct ‘involving a student’ submits retirement, DCPS says
- Former Douglas Anderson students, staff demanding accountability and transparency amid investigation
- Duval school board members discuss investigations after teacher-involved Douglas Anderson incidents
- ‘Everything on the table’ for DCPS superintendent, Dr. Diana Greene
- Dozens rallied for DCPS Superintendent regarding her future with the district
[SIGN UP: Action News Jax Daily Headlines Newsletter]