GLYNN COUNTY, Ga. — Court dates have been set for Travis McMichael, Greg McMichael and William Bryan, according to the Glynn Clerk Court of Magistrate Court.
The three men are facing charges related to the February shooting death of Ahmaud Arbery.
Chief Magistrate Judge Wallace E. Harrell scheduled the preliminary hearing for the three Wednesday morning. The preliminary hearing is scheduled for 9:30 a.m. in the Magistrate Court.
Both Greg McMichael and Travis McMichael were charged with murder and aggravated assault.
William Bryan, the individual who recorded the video of Arbery’s shooting, was charged with felony murder and criminal attempt to commit false imprisonment.
Kevin Gough, the attorney representing Bryan, filed new motions on behalf of his client on Wednesday. (READ ALL OF THE MOTIONS BELOW)
In one of the motions, attorney Gough claims people associated with the Arbery family, including family attorneys, have made inflammatory statements to the media about Bryan’s role.
Another motion filed by Gough requests search warrants and other documents be released.
Gough also suggests the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, and/or DA’s office, may be responsible for information leaks in the case, stemming from updates being given to the Arbery family.
He says “… under the guise of ‘informing’ the Arbery family under the recent ‘victims rights’ enactments -- and ‘conferring’ with the family pursuant to the same authority — that the GBI and/or the District Attorney’s office may unwittingly be or become a conduit for the public disclosure of information about this case through proxies for whatever use said individuals may deem appropriate…”
Among Gough’s requests in the motion, he asks that the district attorney enter a confidentiality agreement with the Arbery family.
Bryan was arrested last week on murder charges. The GBI says he helped Gregory and Travis McMichael chase down Arbery. Bryan maintains he is only a witness.
- EXCLUSIVE: Man who recorded shooting of Ahmaud Arbery speaks out
- Homeowner doesn’t believe Ahmaud Arbery stole anything before his death
- Ahmaud Arbery: Gregory McMichael, Travis McMichael arrested, charged with 25-year-old man’s murder, aggravated assault
- Ahmaud Arbery: Attorney for man who recorded video of fatal shooting releases statement
- Waycross: Church leaders demand local district attorney resigns following Ahmaud Arbery’s murder
- Ga. Attorney General looking into handling of Ahmaud Arbery case
© 2020 © 2020 Cox Media Group