Action News Jax is learning new details regarding the death of Ahmaud Arbery, a 25-year-old Glynn County man who was shot and killed in February while loved ones said he was jogging through a Satilla Shores neighborhood.
Bryan reportedly recorded the leaked video showing the moments Arbery was shot and killed, which gained national attention. Merritt told Action News Jax that video is actually more than four minutes long. Only about 32 seconds of the video was uploaded online.
- EXCLUSIVE: Man who recorded shooting of Ahmaud Arbery speaks out
- Texts reveal police enlisted help from suspect in Arbery’s death months before shooting
- Ahmaud Arbery: Gregory McMichael, Travis McMichael arrested, charged with 25-year-old man’s murder, aggravated assault
- Newly released 911 call made days before shooting death of Ahmaud Arbery
- Defense attorneys: Don’t rush to judgment in Arbery shooting
Both Gregory and Travis were arrested and charged with felony murder and aggravated assault in Arbery’s death earlier this month, according to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, but Bryan was not arrested.
According to the initial police report, Gregory and Travis McMichael told police that they pursued Arbery because they believed he was the suspect in recent break-ins.
A statement from the family attorney will be released sometime Monday.
Action News Jax reporter Bridgette Matter spoke with Bryan at his home after the arrests of Gregory and Travis. He told Matter he and his family are now receiving death threats. He also denied being part of the confrontation that led to Arbery’s death.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates and watch on FOX30 and CBS47.
© 2021 © 2020 Cox Media Group