JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - An Action News Jax viewer sent pictures of a sign posted at a Ponte Vedra Publix at Sawgrass asking customers to limit their purchases of water to no more than three cases.
Publix tells Action News Jax it's working around the clock to meet demands due to Hurricane Dorian.
CONTENT CONTINUES BELOW:
- Live updates: Hurricane Dorian continues to strengthen
- Water: Jacksonville shoppers find empty water shelves as they prepare for Dorian
- Evacuation: Mayor Curry: 'Still a day or two from making evacuation decisions'
- Supply Kit: What supplies you need ahead of Dorian landfall
- Sandbag locations: Here's where you can get sandbags ahead of Dorian
- Price Gouging Info: Florida attorney general encourages residents to report price gouging, use new app ahead of storm
Local mother Nasya Peralta went searching for supplies and found water at a Walmart on Beach Boulevard near Killarney Shores.
"They're actually currently running out of water," Peralta said. "I think they have some bread still, but they're really running out of water."
She tells us it appeared the staff inside was restocking the shelves on Wednesday night.
Others found nothing on the shelves when they went to the Town Center Costco searching for water.
Costco management says it should be restocked by Thursday morning.
She considers herself lucky.
Scott Allmond says he had already gotten the water he needs, but wasn't going to stop searching at Costco.
"I've got to go to Publix to do my regular shopping," he said. "Then after that I'll see what they've got over there."
"They're really running out of water."#Jacksonville mother Nasya Peralta successfully found water at a local Walmart. She tells us what it was like searching supplies as some stores ran out ahead of #Dorian TONIGHT at 10 on @ActionNewsJax. #FirstAlertWX pic.twitter.com/8ZZKQ6J7ar— Ryan Nelson (@RyanANJax) August 29, 2019
Veteran tip if store is out of bread and water, go over to customer service and see if anyone decided not to buy what they brought to register... score! pic.twitter.com/exYOeH0hAx— Ben Becker (@BenBeckerANjax) August 29, 2019
© 2019 Cox Media Group.