JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - WATCH LIVE: Action News Jax's Elizabeth Pace has a live report on this developing story on FOX30.
Police are working to find the driver who struck a pedestrian Saturday morning in Jacksonville.
Officers say they received a report of a hit-and-run involving a pedestrian on Barnett Road at approximately 1:15 a.m., and found a pedestrian lying in the middle of the roadway.
CONTENT CONTINUES BELOW:
- JSO dive team at a retention pond off Philips Highway
- I-95 closed for hours after incidents in Jacksonville leads to stolen police SUV, high speed chase
- Jacksonville teacher removed from classroom over Pledge of Allegiance message to students
- Jeffrey Epstein autopsy finds broken bones in his neck, report says
- Baby left in hot car outside Arizona Target as temperatures hit 112 degrees, police say
- One-of-a-kind indoor sports facility planned for St. Johns County
The pedestrian was taken to a local hospital with life-threatening injuries, JSO said.
Police say they do not have any suspect information at this time and there were no witnesses to the crash.
Traffic Homicide Detectives and Crime Scene Unit Detectives are investigating.
Anyone that has any information about this case is asked to call police at 904-630-0500 or 1-866-845-TIPS.
Information can also be emailed to email@example.com.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.