JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — The Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office is looking for new Corrections Officer recruits with a limited-time offer of a $10,000 hiring incentive!
JSO’s Department of Corrections consists of over 750 Corrections Officers and civilian staff. It operates three correctional facilities that provide secure, humane, corrective, and productive detention for individuals incarcerated in Duval County.
Corrections officers can transfer to various units including Fugitive, ICE, Transportation, Electronic Monitoring, Security, Training, and Recruiting.
For a limited time, JSO is offering new recruits a $10,000 hiring incentive for the available role.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a citizen of the United States of America
- Must possess a valid driver’s license in your state of residence
- Applicants must have a High School diploma or GED equivalent (official transcripts required)
- Be in good physical condition. Please see below for information about the Corrections Physical Abilities Test.
- Must be able to run a mile in under 12 minutes.
- Must pass the Correctional Officers Basic Ability Test (COBAT) with a score of 70% or better.
- Be of good moral character
Applications must be submitted by Wednesday, November 1.
[SIGN UP: Action News Jax Daily Headlines Newsletter]