MAD DADS traded its usual walk for a motorcycle ride Saturday in an effort to raise awareness for victims of unsolved crimes in Jacksonville.
The group had an army of support, including from Keith Bass.
“They want to see strength, strength in numbers,” he said. “That’s what this is all about.”
His daughter Amber was shot and killed while on her sister’s driveway three years ago.
The crime is still unsolved.
That’s why Bass cheered on nearly 300 motorcyclists as they headed out on a 60-mile ride across the city.
“We want to get this thing solved, and we want to get these people off the streets,” Bass said.
His daughter Amber Bass was just one of the victims in mind on Saturday.
Riders drove all over Jacksonville, passing several sites where crimes have occurred.
MAD DADS says this was the most successful ride the group has had.
Trending on ActionNewsJax.com:
- 'Grease' theory says sandy was dead throughout the film
- Woman marries daughter after the two 'hit it off'
- SUV with body inside found at Walmart tied to missing person case
- Controversial 9/11 coke display in Walmart removed
- Photos: JSO makes arrests in prostitution sting
© 2019 Cox Media Group.