A woman who got married in St. Johns County said she was floored when she found out her husband had married a second woman.
Now he’s been charged with felony bigamy and she wants a divorce.
“I was 19. I thought that when I married him, that we would be together forever because I thought marriage was the most sacred thing you could ever do. I never dreamed that this would happen,” said Jeanne Edenfield.
Two-and-a-half years after their wedding, she said her husband, Travis Edenfield, walked out on her.
However, the two never got a divorce, and now, 23 years later, she's learned that her husband has remarried. Travis is in jail in North Carolina, charged with felony bigamy.
Trending on ActionNewsJax.com:
- Former pro wrestler Chyna dead at 45
- Woman makes shocking discovery after biting into KFC meal
- McDonald's customer arrested after allegedly putting soda in water cup, hitting manager with car
- Police: Surveillance cameras recorded St. Augustine artist's murder
- News anchor responds to Facebook commenters slamming her looks
“So I called his mom and his mom said, ‘Well, I told him not to get married,' ” said Jeanne Edenfield. “We were only together two-and-a-half years and she’s been married to him for 10.”
Now, she says she wants a divorce.
“Get your name off me. That’s all I want. I don’t want your money. I don’t want your property. I want your name off me,” she said.
But she said he won’t agree to it.
“Divorce me. Give me my divorce,” she said. “It’s not a religious thing because he don’t go to church. So I don’t know.”
Travis Edenfield’s North Carolina wife is now seeking an annulment.
Cox Media Group