A massive brawl between students and adults broke out inside Brunswick High School.
Cellphone video from inside the cafeteria at Brunswick High shows girls repeatedly punching each other. Action News Jax blurred the video to protect the identify of the students because of their age. In the video, screaming and yelling can be heard, along with a girl crying after she fell and landed on her back.
This really upsets me... teen girls fighting each other at a local high school.— Amber Krycka (@AmberANjax) May 18, 2019
Coming up what police say started the fight and how adults got inside the school tonight at 10 on FOX 30 https://t.co/iEhnAmdYL3
The Glynn County Schools police chief said it started between two girls on Facebook the night before. The whole thing was over a boy. The next day, police said the the girls continued the fight at school. Investigators said one of the girls opened a side door to the cafeteria and let two people who are not students inside.
Police said they arrested 10 students. They also arrested Abreyanna Scott, 19, and Reyneldon Harris, 20. Officers said there could be more arrests.
- Sentencing begins for local man convicted of killing wife, burying body in 1993
- Taco spot, movie theater, other local restaurant cited in this week's Restaurant Report
- Grumpy Cat, the frowning feline and internet sensation, dead at 7
- I-295 toll express lanes to open this weekend in Jacksonville: What you need to know
- WWE wrestler Ashley Massaro dead at 39
Police told Action News Jax they are looking at long-term security and will be making some changes this summer so people who don’t belong in the school can’t get in.
No serious injuries were reported.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.