JACKSONVILLE BEACH, Fla. - A popular Jacksonville Beach restaurant has closed for good Sunday to make room for new development. The goal in the area is to attract more families to enjoy the area.
The Pier Cantina was a popular taco restaurant and place for night life.
Now, a Springhill Suites hotel will go in its place.
POLL: Do you like the development happening in Jacksonville Beach?— ActionNewsJax (@ActionNewsJax) September 23, 2019
VOTE here: https://t.co/91K4EbW5cn
The plans also call for retail space and an oceanfront restaurant, bar and pool area.
- Father of 3 from Ponte Vedra Beach dies in aftermath of Tropical Storm Imelda flooding in Texas
- Marion County man accused of killing wife, four children worked at veterinary hospital
- City of Jacksonville addresses high pollution concerns in St. Johns River
- Louisiana man dies after making underwater marriage proposal in Tanzania, girlfriend says
- 3 dead, 4 hospitalized after drug overdoses in Pittsburgh, police say
Nearby at the old Bukkets Oceanfront Grill, they're demolishing that building and putting in a boutique hotel with restaurant and office space.
With Margaritaville going in and Campeche Bay sold to real estate investors, Jacksonville Beach could soon look totally different.
The changes could revitalize the area along the boardwalk.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.