JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - A mother and daughter in Jacksonville are getting paid to cuddle with strangers.
Joni Eitzmann opened "Cozy Up," a professional cuddling studio located at 9310 Old Kings Road South, Suite 701.
Eitzmann said the cuddling is platonic.
Content Continues Below
- 'Friday' actor-comedian John Witherspoon dies at 77
- If you see a letter about students paying for grades in Orange Park, it's not true
- Road rage leads to shotgun pulled on St. Augustine driver
- Photos: Georgia family's 7-year-old in critical condition after crash on Buckman Bridge
- Time is ticking: iPhone 5, older device users must update before Nov. 3
She said she received some pushback from the City of Jacksonville when she introduced her business concept.
"I had a lot of explaining to do," Eitzmann said. "They know all about us. We're not hiding in any way."
Cuddle sessions cost as little as $25 and up to $200 for 3 hours.
Eitzmann said she and her daughter also plan to hold cuddle parties every month.
A 2018 Cigna study found that nearly half of Americans sometimes or always feel alone.
Eitzmann said she wants to help people feel happier and loved.
"It really boosts their mood," Eitzmann said. "I love to see when people are leaving how happy they are."
Eitzmann said business is starting to pick up, and she expects to be extremely busy around the holidays.
"Oftentimes people lose their loved ones around the holidays; that's always when they need comfort the most," Eitzmann said.
Clients must be at least 18 years of age and provide a valid ID. They are also asked to shower and brush their teeth before a cuddling session.
To check out other polices or book an appointment, click here.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.