PONTE VEDRA, Fla. - St. Johns County deputies say people broke into a model home in Ponte Vedra and threw a party that wrecked it.
This model home was trashed after a wild party this weekend. Police say they got in through an unlocked window. On @ActionNewsJax at 6 what police say was stolen from inside, and what was found in woods nearby. pic.twitter.com/dGo751wukg— Bridgette Matter (@bridgetteANjax) June 11, 2019
The home is on Oak Creek Drive, it was vandalized over the weekend, deputies say they got into the home through an unlocked second story window.
The report says the damage inside includes soap, soda and beer thrown over the walls.
Trash left in kitchen by party goers, and the suspects "destroyed carpets, broke glass, stole food and beverage."
Not only do police say they destroyed parts of the home, but someone stole a sub-woofer, sound system, as well as an iPad.
- Another American tourist died in Dominican Republic after drink from hotel minibar, family says
- Man killed at Hog Waller was devoted father of 3, friends say
- Person taken to hospital after shot in head, Jacksonville police say
- Jacksonville skimmers among hundreds found at Florida gas stations
- Mother of 3-year-old killed at Hog Waller in 2011 speaks after weekend death
When the party was over, they tried to clean up police found four trash bags in the woods nearby inside were cups, empty containers of alcohol and a condom wrapper.
People who live nearby believe it was kids who might have thrown the party, but police have not made any arrests.
Action News Jax reached out to Glenn Layton Homes multiple times but they have not returned any phone calls.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.