JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - UPDATE: The man shot in the head Tuesday morning on Jacksonville's Westside has died, according to the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office.
The Medical Examiner's Office informed police that the victim died at 7:18 a.m.
Police are investigating a shooting on Jacksonville's Westside that left a person seriously hurt.
According to the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office, police received multiple 911 calls regarding gunfire around 1:30 a.m. Tuesday in the 7000 block of Luke Street.
Police responded and found a man that had been shot in the head lying in a driveway, JSO said.
Families called JSO at 1:30 a.m. saying they heard more than a dozen gunshots off Luke Street. When JSO got here they found a man 18 to 20 years old with a gunshot wound to the head @ActionNewsJax @WOKVNews pic.twitter.com/MMCPtUbpYR— Brittney Donovan (@brittneyANjax) June 11, 2019
The shooting victim is between the ages of 18 and 20 years old.
He was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
Over a dozen shots were fired. It is not known at this time if the victim lived in the area.
There is no suspect information at this time.
Police say there are buisinesses nearby and are working to review surveillance.
- Man killed at Hog Waller was devoted father of 3, friends say
- Report: Former Redsox player David Ortiz shot in Dominican Republic
- Family: Pit bulls attack 9-year-old girl in Panama Park area
- Jacksonville skimmers among hundreds found at Florida gas stations
- Jacksonville area businesses given 7 days to close in effort to create safer neighborhoods
© 2019 Cox Media Group.