Action News Jax has obtained new video appearing to show the aftermath of a Mandarin shooting Wednesday.
According to the police report, a masked man tried to rob the Metro PCS on Sunbeam at knifepoint but was shot by an employee in the process.
Witnesses say the video shows the Metro PCS store employee and attempted robber.
As a warning, some may find the video disturbing.
In the video, you can see the robber begging for help and a person witnesses say is an employee holding a gun.
According to the report, the robber ran after the employee fired twice, and the employee followed. That’s where the video picks up.
“You need to put pressure on it, or you’re going to die,” said a bystander in the video to the suspect.
“Please don’t let me die,” said the robber at one point in the video.
Action News Jax interviewed a barber Wednesday who works near the Metro PCS.
He said the employee came to the barbershop for help.
“He banged on the glass real quick just to get our attention,” said Brian Alverenga, the barber, to Action News Jax on Wednesday. “He said the guy tried to stab him over the counter and said he was going to kill him.”
According to the police report, the man who tried robbing the store was charged with armed robbery with a firearm or other deadly weapon.
His and the employee’s identities were redacted from the report.
We’re reaching out to police to learn more about the condition of the would-be robber.
- Weather alert: Severe storms, heavy rain & isolated tornadoes possible Friday
- Hurricane Michael upgraded to a Category 5 at time of U.S. landfall
- Florida girl, 8, killed after tree falls on house, investigators say
- Girl shaken as baby dies nearly 14 years later; father charged with homicide
- Department of Homeland Security agents responding to The Avenues Mall in Jacksonville
© 2019 Cox Media Group.