Students at the Florida School for the Deaf and the Blind were evacuated after a bomb threat on Tuesday, according to the St. Augustine Police Department.
The Florida School for the Deaf and the Blind posted on Facebook that the school received an unconfirmed bomb threat and that some students and faculty were evacuated as a precaution.
The school said it was given the all clear and that normal school operations would continue.
Police say the bomb threat was called in just before 11:45 a.m.
The St. Johns County Sheriff's Office bomb unit responded and investigated the threat.
The all clear was given sometime around 1:40 p.m. and operations resume.
- Jacksonville rapper involved in shooting at Hampton Inn in Ware County
- High school coach, wife dead in electrocution on baseball field, son injured
- Jax Beach police officer resigns during investigation into alleged misuse of database
- Jacksonville woman turns $20 into $1 million playing Florida Lottery
- “I’m not talking:” Action News Jax confronts St. Johns County sextortion suspect
© 2019 Cox Media Group.