A tenant at Courtney Manor apartments who oly wanted to be identified by his first name, Brent, said he heard the shots police say injured at 16-year-old and an 18-year-old on March 25th.
“The return fire I don’t think was a full mag but I know the first type of rounds were fired was a full mag," he said.
- Florida woman 'infatuated' with Columbine shooting prompts school closures, manhunt, police say
- Local father outraged after judge grants sex offender visits with his 8-year-old daughter
- JSO officer runs stop sign, crashes into van with children inside, witness says
- Alleged aggressor in road rage that led to deadly crash had past problems behind the wheel
- Toddler killed when man shoots into Georgia home, vehicle, deputies say
JSO said Justus Harp, the man responsible for the shooting, did what he could to avoid arrest.
According to an arrest report obtained by Action News Jax, Harps mother said he wasn’t home when police showed up at The Overlook Condominiums on Baymeadows Road.
Once officers looked around the complex and returned to the unit, the 20-year-old’s mother admitted he was inside.
Police said when they found Harp hiding under a pile of insulation he reached for a PVC pipe and fell through the ceiling.
Action News Jax reporter Beth Rousseau went to the condo to speak with Harp’s mother.
No one answered the door, but there was a pile of what appeared to be debris sitting outside.
“I mean he should have obviously stepped forward, but no one is going to do that,” explained Brent.
Harp’s bond is set at $1 million.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.